Business Development Manager Legrand Data Center Solutions
The business development manager is commercially responsible for the realization and development of new business activities within a certain segment. The focus is mainly on generating new customers and sales opportunities, both directly and indirectly. An important part of this function is the creation of synergy (cross-selling) through the use of the total Legrand portfolio. You use the various brands within the LDCS portfolio, including Minkels, Raritan, Zucchini and Cablofil.
The purpose of this role is to maximize the revenues throughout the company by planning and management of sales activities. The Business Development Manager is a quota carrying sales position responsible for ensuring products are specified and purchased by the end users and their consultants; actual fulfillment will be via our network of partners. The Business Development Manager maintains relationships with end user customers through regular contacts to ensure maximum satisfaction.
Position of the function in the organization
The Business Development Manager reports to the CEO of Minkels with a functional link to the VP of Sales EMEA Legrand DPC.
• Positioning of the Power & Control portfolio of LDCS;
• Development and expansion of the current portfolio based on acquisition;
• Realization of synergy business by positioning the total LDCS portfolio; Minkels/Raritan/ Legrand/ Server Technology;
• Current market analysis and sales opportunities;
• Intensive visible market operation;
• Generating new business by acquisition of new customers, with a strong focus on demand creation at end customer level;
• Signaling market developments and market demands (technical-commercial developments).
• Achieve commercial targets for the Power & Control portfolio;
• Set up an annual sales plan / account plan containing quantitative and qualitative targets for existing and new accounts or market areas, as well as delivery of sales quota according to the plan;
• Realization of turnover in mainly corporate accounts in a predefined target group;
• Maintaining contacts with existing relations and partners and expanding them;
• Develop relationships with customer, assessment & follow up of new leads, contacts and visit prospective customers to determine needs and investigate opportunities;
• Responsible for recruiting new end user customers for LDCS in The Netherlands;
• Perform sales activities for territory to achieve or exceed assigned LDCS revenue objectives;
• Create and perform professional sales presentations to match LDCS products / services with identified needs;
• Remain knowledgeable of company's USP’s, products/services to facilitate sales efforts;
• Relay customer feedback to product development staff;
• Maintain daily sales records, prepare sales reports and manage project pipeline in Salesforce;
• Responsible for the moderately complex and somewhat difficult to close sales;
• Evangelizing the end-user market for intelligent power;
• Managing & growing a pipeline of opportunities with LDCS spec position;
• Correlated integrator involvement;
• Providing business presentations to middle and higher management;
• Project-based approach in collaboration with other departments;
• Translating customer needs into solutions and the competencies/propositions of Raritan, Minkels and Legrand, alert customer to new or improved products/services;
• Ensuring proper information transfer to the internal organization;
• Close collaboration within LDCS and in established channel partner landscape;
• Creating a sense of urgency with partner landscape to grow mutual business.
• Education on a higher level (HBO, WTB / E), preferably with function-oriented courses;
• Experience with project-based / planned work;
• Successful track record in sales positions in data center or IT focused organizations;
• Knowledge and experience of data centers, power & remote access markets in The Netherlands;
• Experienced in selling to Blue Chip customers at a senior level;
• At least 3 years of commercial management experience;
• Professional sales training and good commercial awareness;
• Knowledge of the English language is a must have.
Send your motivation and CV per e-mail to HR, to Danielle Jilissen, firstname.lastname@example.org
 Legrand Datacenter Power & Control